- Focuses on high quality investment-grade fixed-income securities denominated in Canadian and foreign currency.
- Invests a portion in equity securities such as common and preferred shares, with a basis on pure fundamental analysis.
- A target annual distribution paid monthly1.
- Offers regular income and moderate capital appreciation.
- Selects high quality fixed income securities that maximize income while minimizing interest rate and default risks.
- The equity portion is primarily composed of Canadian large capitalization companies with a solid track record in earnings and capital preservation.
About the portfolio manager’s firm
- Jarislowsky Fraser Limited was founded in 1955 and today, manages more than $38 billion in assets under management
- A team of over 45 investment professionals with vast proven global investment management expertise
- Adheres to a disciplined, team-based approach that has weathered countless market cycles
1. The distribution amount is said to be fixed for the NBI Jarislowsky Fraser Select Income Fund as it does not vary from one distribution to the next. However, it is not guaranteed and may vary according to market conditions. The fund makes monthly distributions at the end of each month. These monthly distributions are comprised of net income and may also include a significant return of capital component. A return of capital reduces the value of the original investment and is not the same as the return on the investment. Returns of capital that are not reinvested may reduce the net asset value of the portfolio and the portfolio’s subsequent ability to generate income. The amount of the monthly distribution per unit is reset at the beginning of each calendar year.
The information and the data supplied in the present document, including those supplied by third parties, are considered accurate at the time of their printing and were obtained from sources which we considered reliable. We reserve the right to modify them without advance notice. This information and data are supplied as informative content only. No representation or guarantee, explicit or implicit, is made as for the exactness, the quality and the complete character of this information and these data. The opinions expressed are not to be construed as solicitation or offer to buy or sell shares mentioned herein and should not be considered as recommendations.
The NBI Jarislowsky Fraser Select Income Fund (the “Fund”) is offered by National Bank Investments Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of National Bank of Canada. Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited acts as portfolio manager for the Fund. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus of the Fund before investing.
The Fund’s securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer. The Fund is not guaranteed, its values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
© 2017 National Bank Investments Inc. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of National Bank Investments Inc.